Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kylie - The Journey Begins

In addition to posting useful resources and stories of motivation, I will be posting my homeschooling progress with my 4-year-old daughter Kylie. Don't worry. I won't be posting every little detail each and every day. The last thing I want to do is turn this into the blog equivalent of sharing vacation pics. That's what Facebook is for. What I will be posting are items that I think are worth mentioning such as techniques or tools that we have applied with great success, places that we visit that are both fun and educational, and major changes in "curriculum" if things aren't going the way that we had hoped.

Today I thought I would share the two books that I will be starting with on Monday. The first book is Learn At Home (Grade K) by School Specialty Publishing.



It contains 36 weeks of lessons plans with step-by-step instructions. It covers every basic subject and a few "electives". I don't plan to follow it to the letter. I will be using it as more of a guide to keep me on task as far as maintaining a well-rounded curriculum.

The second book is The Ultimate Book of Homeschooling Ideas by Linda Dobson.



The cover boasts "500+ Fun and Creative Learning Activities" and they mean it. This thing is loaded. I will be using this book alongside the Learn At Home book in order to create a more spontaneous and flexible curriculum.

I will be laying out my first week's lesson plan this weekend. Here we go!

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment