Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Money Management

I apologize for not posting for so long. School, the holidays and general laziness prevented me from doing any new research lately. I will be picking up the pace starting this week. For now I just wanted to let you know that I am still here and still dedicated to helping others find their way in the world of homeschooling.

Today I want to share an article from fatherhood.about.com regarding Teens and Money Management. It applies to everyone really, but the article focuses on teaching teens the value of money. The fact that I am terrible at handling money (or have been in the past) makes this article stand out even more. I found the article after a co-worker mentioned the technique of using monopoly money and the family budget to explain to kids why we can't buy everything. It has a few other helpful suggestions as well. I'm going to try this with my family in an effort to reduce the stress related to spending. I will let you know how it goes.

Teaching Your Teens to Manage Money

No comments:

Post a Comment